This is a proposed course that is designed for those looking for an introduction to clustering with applications in R. Please 'Enrol Now' as an expression of interest.
The course will introduce the basics of clustering. Topics covered are likely to include:
- k-means clustering
- Hierarchical clustering
- Principal component analysis
- Multidimensional scaling
Participants are recommended to have the following prerequisites:
- Basic familiarity with R
- Basic familiarity with statistical concepts
- Each participant must bring their own laptop with R and RStudio installed. One week before the course commences we will send you instructions on how to install R and any associated packages required for the course. If you do not have access to a laptop please contact us as we may be able to provide one for you.
- $70 for those enrolled in a postgraduate research course (i.e. a Masters or PhD course eligible for Research Training Program funding) at UWA (GST inclusive)
- $290 for all other enrolments (GST inclusive)