4 Monday evenings, 6:00 - 7:30pm
Dates and Time
- Second semester 2020 if there is enough interest
Course will run from 6:00 - 7:30pm. Registration will open at 5:45pm on the first day.
- Blakers Lecture Theatre (MATH: [G18])
Terms and conditions
This practical course introduces you to R
using the tidyverse.
R is a free and extremely powerful language and software environment for statistical computing, data analysis, and graphics. This course is designed for those who have little to no experience with R. The course uses the tidyverse to introduce importing, manipulating and visualising data.
- Introduction to R and RStudio: Installing R, RStudio and the tidyverse library
- Importing data: Importing the data and checking the quality
- Data manipulation: Basic data cleaning
- Data summaries: An introduction to creating summaries of the data
- Data visualisation: An introduction to creating visualisations using ggplot
- R markdown: The basics of creating reproducible reports in HTML
The course will involve practical examples that participants can work through. Each participant must bring their own laptop with R and RStudio installed. One week before the course commences we will send you instructions on how to install R and any associated packages required for the course. If you do not have access to a laptop please contact us as we may be able to provide one for you.
- $60 for those enrolled in a postgraduate research course (i.e. a Masters or PhD course eligible for Research Training Program funding) at UWA (GST inclusive)
- $270 for all other enrolments (GST inclusive)